If you really want to spoil yourself at your visit to Villa Lava, few things beat having a private chef come cook for you and your family at the house.
The process is simple.
- Request the dates and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) that you would like to be served.
- The chef will send over a suggested menu for the meals for your approval.
- On the day of the meal, the chef will arrive with fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients and will begin to serve you and your family.
Below you can find an example of what the menu might look like. The menu below was prepared by Chef Frane. After working for years at restaurants in Split, Frane has shifted his focus to cater to houses and yachts in the region.
- Starter: Selection of local cheese, prosciutto and olives
- First plate: Home made mushroom pasta with truffle and Parmesan
- Main course: Grilled rib eye steak with pumpkin puree and spinach, served with a jus
- Desert: Chocolate souffle with wild berry sauce, served with ice cream
- Starter: Bruschetta
- First plate: Black ink risotto with Parmesan
- Main course: Sous Vide octopus with served with a bell pepper coulis and steamed broccoli
- Desert: Cheesecake
- Starter: Eggplant wraps
- First plate: Bufallo Mozarella with avocado and tomato tatare
- Main course: Grilled lamb rack with truffle gratin
- Desert: Crème brûlée
The price for having a private chef come to the villa varies on the season, but the price starts at around 2,500 Kuna (~330 Euro) per meal for a party of four people.